Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Catching up from May to now - part 1


 OK friends and family, I have been a total slacker on the blog. But I plan to remedy that by adding a bunch of posts today to make up for the last 7 months or so. On writing Archer is 13 months and Declan is almost 3! We had a great summer with one trip to the East coast. Archer and Declan are at rough ages for doing much traveling so we plan on sticking around home the rest of the year. I (Miranda) got a job about a month ago. I now work in the Goose Ridge Winery tasting room. I work about 15 hours a week and am enjoying myself thus far. Most of the money I make goes straight to the babysitter, but at least I am getting a little more adult time.

One of the funniest things that happened all summer (perhaps this shows how little I venture outside of the family)  was one morning when I was very busy chasing Archer around, Declan came up to me and started excitedly telling me there was a deer in our yard. I assumed he was using his imagination (which he does often) since we live in a very populated area with a fairly major road 20 feet in front of our house and a fenced in yard. The picture of the "imagined" deer is below.






 Double Stroller!
 Declan naked painting a horse. Do you see it?
 Auntie Sara takes kids to the zoo when she visits
 Oliver and Archer enjoy the sun at the civic club
 Nuna made the hat, but already too small for Archer's big head

 Declan: "Momma, there is a deer in the yard!"
Distracted Miranda: "uh huh, thats cool."
Declan: "It has big horns and is eating your garden"
Distracted Miranda: "Wow, that is not food for a deer, what color is he?"
 Declan: "Can you open the door so i can see the deer?"
Suddenly paying attention Miranda: "Holy moo cow, Declan! There IS a deer in our yard!  And it IS eating my veggie garden!"

 Declan is taking swimming lessons and likes to fill the sink and blow bubbles int he water.

 Yard work time



 Declan and Rowan.
 Who says I can't multitask?


 Uncle Adrian visits before moving to Tunisia


1 comment:

Mauri said...

HolyMoly! All these new pictures I have not seen. Just happened to check the blog this morning and am so glad you updated us with all these photos. xoxoxo