Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Declan is 7 weeks old!

Today Declan and I are going to the doctor for the 6th or 7th time in his little life. The reason we have been so many times is because Declan was born at 7.7lbs, he then lost weight (like most babies) but he lost a bit more than the doctors would have liked to see and had a slow time gaining it back. We have been supplementing him with formula once we found that I do not make enough milk for his ravenous appetite. At the rate he is going we might as well start saving for future food bills when he is a teenager. Everyday we fill him with breast milk and formula to the point where he literally pops with spit-up, however he still is a "slow gainer". Yet another way that he takes after his father. So we are going in for yet another weight check and I am really hoping this time they say he has reached a weight where I no longer have to wake him to make sure he eats 8 times a day. I will let you all know after the weigh-in.

No comments: